- Arisia art show. Juror: Kristina Carroll.
- Westin Seaport, Boston, MA. January 2020.
- MICE art show. “10 Years of Comic Art.” Lesley University, Cambridge, MA. October 2019.
- “This is how it starts.” Juror: Martha Wakefield.
- Kathryn Schultz Gallery, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA. February 7 – 27, 2019.
- Arisia art show. Juror: Elizabeth Legett.
- Boston Park Plaza, Boston, MA. January 2019.
- Somerville Open Studios. Mad Oyster Studios, Somerville MA. May 2018.
- Arisia art show. Westin Waterfront, Boston, MA. January 2018.
- MICE art show. “Transformations.” Lesley University, Cambridge, MA. October 2017.
- Somerville Open Studios. Mad Oyster Studios, Somerville MA. May 2014.
- Doodle, a show on cartooning in all its forms. Juror: Jef Czekaj.
- Nave Gallery Annex, Somerville, MA. January 2014.
- Group show, Cabot Street Studios, Beverly, MA. September 2013.
- Liminal State. 2019.
- Early Motherhood: Hour By Hour. 2019.
- Extemporaneous Comics Made With A Typewriter and A Pencil, That’s It. 2019.
- “A Necessary Adaptation” in “Why Faith?” edited by Jack Holder, published by Arcane Industries. 2019.
- “Many Drops, An Ocean: How to take care of our planet and our selves,” created for the Waltham Climate Change SERC event, 2019.
- “The Morris Worm: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love Computer Viruses” in Boundless Vol.1: A Science Comics Anthology, edited by Olivia Li, Jordan Stillman, Neil Johnson, and Heide Solbrig. Published by Boston Comics Roundtable. 2016.
- “The Procedure” in Dark Lady, published by Hellcat Press. 2015.
- Witchsona, published by Ladies’ Night Anthology. 2015.
- Red Flag. 2014.
- “Devotion in Every Stitch,” in Subcultures, edited by Whit Taylor, published by Ninth Art Press. 2014.
- “The Prince’s Lament” in: The Dark #3, published by Greyhaven Press. 2014.
- Silent Fluency. 2013.
- Massachusetts Cultural Council – Waltham – Grant Winner, 2020
- Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo (MICE) Mini-Grant Winner for Liminal State, 2019
Press & PR
- The Boston Globe. Postcards from the Pandemic. March 19, 2020.
- Comic Book Convo on WHCS Radio. December 2019.
- MUTHA Magazine: Liminal State series reprint. October – December 2019.
- Go, Look on The Comics Reporter. October 2, 2019.
- The Graphic Novel Podcast, episode 2: Grief and Other Dark Topics. September 20, 2019.
- Boston Voyager – Meet Maria Photinakis
- SubCultures Live – a local comics anthology reading & Q&A at the Cambridge Public Library – January 20, 2015.
- Michael Dambold interviews: Maria Photinakis, February 16, 2014
- Maybe I’ll Be Back (podcast), episode 7, February 14, 2014
- Cartoons take the spotlight at Nave Gallery Annex.
- Waltham Mills Open Studios 2019, 2020 organizing committee, marketing coordinator
- Continuing Education, MassArt
- Personal and powerful painting, Nancy McCarthy
- Plein air oil painting, Nancy McCarthy
- Studio and still life oil painting, Christopher Chippendale
- Color mixing, Nancy McCarthy
- Narrative illustration in mixed media, Nicholas McNally
- Bachelors of Art in Journalism, Japanese minor, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2006.