- “This is how it starts.” Juror: Martha Wakefield.
- Kathryn Schultz Gallery, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA. February 7 – 27, 2019.
- Arisia art show. Juror: Elizabeth Legett.
- Boston Park Plaza, Boston, MA. January 2019.
- Somerville Open Studios. Mad Oyster Studios, Somerville MA. May 2018.
- Arisia art show. Westin Waterfront, Boston, MA. January 2018.
- MICE gallery show, “Transformations.” Lesley University, Cambridge, MA. October 2017.
- Somerville Open Studios. Mad Oyster Studios, Somerville MA. May 2014.
- Doodle, a show on cartooning in all its forms. Juror: Jef Czekaj.
- Nave Gallery Annex, Somerville, MA. January 2014.
- Beverly Cooperative Bank, Beverly, MA. September 2013.
- Gallery show, Cabot Street Studios in Beverly, MA. September 2013.
- “A Necessary Adaptation” in the “Why Faith?” anthology, coming to Indiegogo in April 2019.
- “The Morris Worm: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love Computer Viruses” in Boundless Vol.1: A Science Comics Anthology, by Boston Comics Roundtable. 2016.
- “The Procedure” in Dark Lady – A Hellcat Press anthology. 2015.
- Witchsona – Zine by the Ladies’ Night Anthology. 2015.
- Red Flag – 36 page standalone comic, first published May 2014.
- “Devotion in Every Stitch,” a cosplay subculture comic, in Subcultures: A Comic Anthology. Premiered at SPX 2014.
- “The Prince’s Lament” in: The Dark #3 by Greyhaven Press. August 2014.
- Silent Fluency – 8 page mini, first published May 2013.
- “The Fire Vampire” in In A Single Bound #3, by Ninth Art Press, September 2013. Premiered at MICE 2013.
Press & Events
- Boston Voyager – Meet Maria Photinakis
- SubCultures Live – a local comics anthology reading & Q&A at the Cambridge Public Library – January 20, 2015.
- A Dambold Blog – Webcomic interview: Maria Photinakis, February 16, 2014
- Maybe I’ll Be Back (podcast), episode 7, February 14, 2014
- Cartoons take the spotlight at Nave Gallery Annex.
- Continuing Education, MassArt
- Plein air oil painting, Nancy McCarthy
- Studio and still life oil painting, Christopher Chippendale
- Color mixing, Nancy McCarthy
- Narrative illustration in mixed media, Nicholas McNally
- Bachelors of Art in Journalism, Japanese minor, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2006.